Monday, September 28, 2009

MMM... its Monday: Quick (and inexpensive!) granola bars!

These are tasty!  I tried them out today for the first time and love them!  They are quick and easy to make and aren't as expensive as some recipes I have seen.  Sorry for the late post today, I have been sick all day but remembering I needed to get you a yummy recipe posted.


Here is the recipe:

1/2 c. Brown sugar
1/2 c. corn syrup
- Mix together and bring to a boil.

Take off the stove and then stir in-
1/2 c. Peanut Butter
1 t. vanilla

In another bowl mix:
2 c. oats
2 1/2 c. rice krispies

Then add the sugar mixture to the oats and mix together.  Then you can add chocolate chips, craisins, raisins, or nuts if you prefer.  Put in a 9x13 in. pan that is lined with wax paper and press down with your fingers.  Let it sit for about 15 minutes and then cut it and ENJOY!  It makes a great after school snack or (what I hear all day) a "But Mommy, I'm STILL hungry!" snack.

1 comments:

admin

We love making our own granola bars. You get to chose your favorite stuff to add.

Swagbucks: The best!