Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Baked French Toast

I have tried two different recipes before this and didn't liked either one.  They were too soggy and made too much for me.  So...I revised my favorite one and crossed my fingers! 

PLAN AHEAD- This is an overnighter (or all day-er? if you do it like I did)

First:  generously butter the bottom of a 9x13 in. pan
Then, cut up HALF a loaf of french bread (I cut my slices about 1/2 in. thick)
and spread them across the bottom of your pan.



Pour 1 c. of half and half in a medium, size bowl (I used my batter bowl since it had a pour spout)

ADD 1/2 c. milk


1 T. sugar....

Then add:  1/2 t. vanilla
1/8 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. nutmeg
dash of salt

Pour over your bread.  Make sure it is evenly spread and all the bread is moist.  Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight (except mine was for dinner, so I made it around lunch time)

Mine looked like this when I got it out, most of the liquid was absorbed. 

Now... when it is time to eat it- Preheat the oven to 350.
Time to add the topping. 
I didn't add pecans because I don't care for them- but if you do then add about 1/2 c.
THEN 1 cube of butter melted (or atleast mostly)
1/2 c. brown sugar


1 T. light corn syrup
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg

(Can you tell I sold Pampered Chef?  Almost all of my things are Pampered Chef.)
THEN spread it on top of the bread
Now it is time to COOK IT! 
Cover with foil and cook for about 30 minutes (or until most of the liquid is gone)


THEN ENJOY!!  MMMM It was fabulous!

I love having breakfast for dinner.

Swagbucks: The best!