Saturday, November 28, 2009

Remember when. . .

Thanks Crystal for covering for me last week-I was a little pre-occupied with my thoughts. . . I got engaged recently!! My fiance (still getting used to that word) is wonderful. He is not perfect, but he is perfect for me.


Idea #5: Remember

This idea comes from my fiance's wonderful proposal. He set up love notes and clues of places we'd been throughout dating experience and lead me on a journey of remembering. We've had months of memories. You may have years. Snuggle close to your honey tonight and remember when. . .you first met, your first date, first kiss, first fell in love, got engaged, . . .

Instead of just talking about those memories you might try:

  • Heart attack his car, office, or a room in the house. On each of the hearts write a brief memory you two have shared together. (We did this for my dad's 60 birthday with 60 memory hearts and he loved it!)


  • Pull out the photo albums, wedding videos or family videos. Call it a date movie night. Recreate an evening from the past with food, clothing, music, or conversation.

  • Send your love on a trip down memory lane with clues. (This takes a lot more planning but it would be totally worth it.) Start him out with a note and a clue from work or home. Send him around to different places you made memories together. (I collect heart shaped rocks and my fiance wrote a note and put the heart shaped rocks on top of the notes so no one but me would realize they were clues. I went to some pretty populated places but no one notices rocks so luckily my notes were undisturbed.) You may have him end up back at home or at a favorite restaurant to finish up the night.

What memories are you going to remember tonight? Share one with us so we can smile too!

1 comments:

Crystal

Love this! Thanks! It is nice to remember what you did, and how you originally fell in love.

Swagbucks: The best!