Friday, July 23, 2010

Ramona and Beezus Movie Review




Last week my daughter and I got to go see a pre screening of the new movie Ramona and Beezus coming out Friday July 23rd. I was incredibly excited for this movie because I remember reading Beverly Cleary‘s Ramona Quimby books as a child, I even checked the library the week before to see if they had the books so my daughter could read them but alas we are still on the hold list. I’m wondering if with the upcoming movie if the books are making a comeback.

My daughter was extremely excited because even though she didn’t know anything about Ramona she loves Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place). The movie was very cute and very colorful. I loved that the film stayed true to the books and Joey King did an amazing job capturing the spirit of Ramona. My favorite part of the movie was one of the little montage clips they had that looked like it was straight out of a book. Ramona’s house is being remodeled and she and Henry spend the afternoon running and jumping out the hole in the back of it. They clip goes to a scene of Ramona falling from the sky with a parachute through the clouds up above the tiny houses below.

My oldest daughter (who I took to the movie with me) definitely fits the part of the older sister Beezus who is studious and in charge while my middle child is definitely a Ramona, very creative, her own free spirit with a lively imagination who’s always getting into mischief. My favorite quote from the movie that reminded me of my daughter Beezus says, “Ramona you're really your own person, you don’t worry about coloring inside the lines” and Ramona replies, “It really depends on the picture.”

I’m definitely giving this one two thumbs up! It’s a heartfelt good clean family film that I would suggest everyone see.

Disclosure: This review is based on my own honest unbiased opinion of the movie Ramona and Beezus. You may or may not agree with my opinion. No one from Walden Media or Allied Marketing was involved in the writing of this post. I was given free passes to see the movie, no other compensation was given.

 

0 comments:

Swagbucks: The best!