Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Motivational Thought

"When you have done the best you can, be satisfied and don't look back and second guess, wondering how you could have done more. Be at peace within yourselves. Rather than berate yourself for what you didn't do, congratulate yourself for what you did." M. Russell Ballard, "Be and Example of the Believers," Ensign, Nov. 1991, 95.

The other day my daughter who is 3 asked me to cut a balloon she had off of a toy that she had tied it on. After I did, she said "You are a good mom, mommy. You cut my balloon off for me, you play with me..." I thought, That was easy! It didn't take much for her to think I was a great mom. This goes along great with this thought. Lets remember what we DO do and congratulate ourselves for that even though it may just be something as small as cutting a balloon off of a toy for your daughter.

My daughter also prays for herself at night "Thank you Heavenly Father for me." The she lists the rest of us (sometimes she only says thank you for herself), and sometimes she says thank you for herself more than once. I thought, "How sweet- I hope she can always do that. How often do I do that?" We should be thankful for us and who we are. Lets not be too hard on ourselves - I know it is hard!! I need this motivational thought the most of anyone :). Enjoy your Sunday!

0 comments:

Swagbucks: The best!