Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ten Minutes: Sort Clothes

Sort through your clothes (or your kids) and either get rid of or pack up clothes that don't fit anymore.  In order to not feel completely overwhelmed I try to do this one at a time.  I chose mine this time.  I took EVERYTHING out of my closet and put in on my bed so that I could have an empty closet to work with. 
I noticed a few things while I was doing this.
1. It is going to take a lot longer than 10 minutes (so if you only want to take 10 minutes just look through your clothes and NOT take them all out of the closet)
2. I have a lot of clothes.
3. I don't wear half of my clothes
4. Some I don't wear because they are out of style and I am just keeping them because of sentimental reasons.
5. The other clothes I don't wear are the wrong size...I am sure most of you have clothes that you are saving for "some day".  I just had a baby a few months ago so most of my regular clothes still don't fit, but there are some clothes that were on the border of being too small even before I got pregnant.  I would love to say that I tossed them in a giveaway pile (to my credit, I gave some away) but I packed most of them up and put in the garage. 

This is a good way to get rid of some clutter.  Ask yourself how many _____ do I need!?  When was the last time I wore that?  Why do I still have this?  Will I ever (realistically) be able to fit in it again?

Another idea of what you can tackle today is your shoes, kids clothes, coats, etc.  Have fun!

0 comments:

Swagbucks: The best!