Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Hourglass Door & The Golden Spiral {Review}

Thank you to Shadow Mountain Publishing for keeping me well stocked with books to read!  I have been wanting to read The Hourglass Door trilogy for sometime now.  The Hourglass door starts you out in the dark- you know something is going on but you aren't really sure what it is.  It took until about the middle of the book until I really knew what was going on.  That was a little long to keep me in suspense but since the rest of the story was interesting it was ok.

Let me introduce you to Abby and Dante!
"Abby’s senior year of high school is textbook perfect: She has a handsome and attentive boyfriend, good friends, good grades, and plans to attend college next year. But when she meets Dante Alexander, a foreign-exchange student from Italy, her life suddenly takes a different turn. He’s mysterious, and interesting, and unlike anyone she’s ever met before. Abby can’t deny the growing attraction she feels for him. Nor can she deny the unusual things that seem to happen when Dante is around. Time behaves differently when they are together—traveling too fast or too slow or sometimes seeming to stop altogether."

Follow Abby, Dante and the rest of their friends through a crazy journey as they try to balance life and keep things in order.  The book was easy to follow and it was easy to imagine being right there with them.


Lisa Mangum did a great job with creating the characters and plot for this book.  It was well written.  After I finished The Hourglass Door I quickly started The Golden Spiral which is book #2 of the trilogy.  I have to wait until next year though to read the final book and can't wait!!  I am hooked!!


I think I liked The Golden Spiral even better because I was already into the story and knew what was going on.  The book ended too soon!  I was ready to read and read all about Abby and her adventures as she tries to rescue Dante from being lost forever.  I don't want to give too much away if you haven't read book #1 yet but this was a book I would recommend to add to your "to read" or "to buy" list!

To buy these books just follow these links:  The Hourglass Door & The Golden Spiral

Thanks again to Shadow Mountain Publishing for providing these books for this review.  No other compensation was given.  You may or may not agree with my opinions.

1 comments:

dannyscotland

Hm. Intriguing! I'm not often this interested in a book as I have little time to read lately, but I just might have to go look these up!

Swagbucks: The best!